April 21, 2011

Here's To You

Today may be hard for me. Today is graduation day at recruiting school, a day I had previously waited on with bated breath. Now it's just another day, only in the back of my mind I know it was supposed to be a joyous occasion. It opens up a whole new can of worms - visitation. Sharing our son, dividing holidays, meeting halfway...

The horrid thing about "sharing" a child is someone always loses. Someone will spend Christmas without him, someone will miss his first loose tooth, his t-ball games, his first day of school. And he will always lose. We will do our absolute best to make sure he knows how much is loved and even needed, but he will know that someone is missing on all these special days.

Kids are resilient, but I wish he didn't have to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment