June 29, 2011

Crickets, Man

I had something super hilarious to write, but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was. Such is the life of a single mother. (Sidenote, why would autocorrect correct "mother" to "moth" on a blog written by a single mother?)

Anyway. So I'll just be chugging along through the day and realize that all of a sudden I don't have a freakin clue what I was doing. Especially at work. The restaurant is not that big, but in the 8 seconds it takes me to get from the front to the back I'll forget the reason I started walking. Wonder why I never became a doctor? It's like my brain can only process so much - breathing, blinking, being mother and father, eating and nothing else.

And in another bit of rambling on because I forgot what I was going to write but I want to write something anyway - never ask a single mother how she's doing. She's tired. She is always tired. And worried. Tired and worried. She could have a great paying job with easy hours and lots of vacation time, and she'd still be tired and worried.

1 comment: